Monday, 11 October 2010

Stick It Up Your Can, Statscan!

It couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of statists! Statscan is getting trimmed. About time someone took the wind out of these 24/7 inquisitors! They came to my door repeatedly (after barraging me over the phone and mails) threatening me with their "It's the law, Sir," but I refused to comply or as they put it, "cooperate," with their hokey survey. Few canadians realize that the once-a-decade census is just a very small part of this post-Orwellian Minitru. Seven days a week, 365 days a year, they are trawling the populace for the vital information which our liberal bureaucrats need to run the nation and run us with it. And every survey they dream up comes with a threat of fines and or jail time -not to mention a criminal record- for non-compliance. After representing to one of their pests that I felt that I had a legal right to remain silent, he queried, "Do you murder people?" Huh? "Do you murder people?" he repeated. Oh, I see! The idea of asserting one's independence against statist intrusions into one's private life is tantamount to killing people at whim. Right! Now perhaps that particular genius and all the other agents I dealt with -there's a virtual army of them- can start thinking about getting a real job producing something other than intimidation.

No comments: