Definition of trump
- 1a : a card of a suit any of whose cards will win over a card that is not of this suit —called also trump cardb : the suit whose cards are trumps for a particular hand —often used in plural
- 2: a decisive overriding factor or final resource —called also trump card
- 3: a dependable and exemplary person
trump(Jeb Bush version)
- : to beat (another card) by playing a card from the suit that beats the other suits : to play a trump card to beat (another card)
- : to do better than (someone or something) in a contest, competition, etc.
- : to be more important than (something)
2: a sound of or as if of trumpeting: "
From Merriam Webster